Swim Smooth App

Welcome! Ask your questions and chat about swimming, technique, swimming training or Mr Smooth.
ken269

Swim Smooth App

Postby ken269 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:01 am

Recently the Distance Swimming plan arrived from SwimSmooth, and while I don't start until Monday (I finished up my previous plan today) it looks really good. That being said, I'm intrigued by the swimsmooth app that's now available for like $15.00/month, but what I don't want to do is to to duplicate training plans. I am very interested in improving stroke efficiency and power, I doubt very much I'll ever be "fast." What I'm wondering is if purchasing the app will simply be a duplication of information? What I like about the app are the stroke videos, but I don't want another training program???

A second question is this: today was my long day at the pool (I'm 57 and last June I couldn't swim 25m without needing O2, I could run and bike all day but absolutely could not swim), and I did 4200m w/the Finis Tempo Trainer set at 53. I notice in the material that just arrived, the first long swim is 2500. Should I do the 2500 at higher level on the TT, or just work at my current levels? I should also say that when I started going for distance, I worked in blocks of 500m. Initially I did 100m free / 100m pull; then 150@; then 200@; now I do 100 pull/ 300 free, my goal is to be able to do the 4000m all free-there are no breaks, just one continuous swim. I did feel it today more than usual, but it was a "good" pain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ken

Return to “Talk Swimming!”