Introductions - Say Hello

Welcome! Ask your questions and chat about swimming, technique, swimming training or Mr Smooth.
Adam Young

Introductions - Say Hello

Postby Adam Young » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:38 am

Welcome to the Swim Smooth forum - why not quickly introduce yourself and say hi?

Emfozi

Re: Introductions - Say Hello

Postby Emfozi » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:13 am

Adam Young wrote:Welcome to the Swim Smooth forum - why not quickly introduce yourself and say hi?

Hi. Name's Mo.

Swimming is one of the passions of my life, and I am perfecting intermediate swimming.

Thanks to swim smooth, I can now get quality professional guidance free, with just a few clicks on the web.

CHEERS!!!!!

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks for your post Mo and welcome aboard!

Don't forget to tell your other swimming buddies about the site and Mr Smooth - I'm sure they will enjoy!

What level of swimmer would you say you are (from our site: beginner; intermediate; advanced) and how did you learn about the new Swim Smooth site (just launched today!)

Cheers

Paul
2013 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim Champion. Don't forget to check out our valuable Know How section on the main site at http://www.swimsmooth.com/knowhow.html

TransistionTed

Postby TransistionTed » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:32 pm

hi guys

just a quick hello. gr8 site and im hoping to learn a bit from it :)

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Ted, good to see you on here! Looking forward to helping you refine your stroke in the Swim Technique section soon!
2013 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim Champion. Don't forget to check out our valuable Know How section on the main site at http://www.swimsmooth.com/knowhow.html

JulianC

Postby JulianC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 am

Just want to echo what has already been said: a fantastic site which has some fantastic information and advice. Looking forward to taking what I learn here into the Open water.
Best wishes
Julian

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am

Thanks for the kudos Julian - much appreciated!

radicalrat

Postby radicalrat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Hey im Caroline and have just joined - 'tis a good site...leanrning quite a bit. Was just gonna ask anyone who might know on here about injuries. I was reading the bit about shoulder injuries and i have one in my right shoulder which my doctor thinks is impingement...probably form my technique tbh. But i've been reading the symptoms of the so called swimmer's shoulder and i have an extra symptom which they don't mention: that occasionally my shoulder/upper arm area will make a MASSIVE crack when i catch it moving in the wrong way, as well as clicking and cracking in smaller less painful ways on a regular basis. im quite flexible and clicky in other joints anyway but no where near as painful as this! lol i can't tell when it's going to happen until it does and it's really really painful and was just wondering if that's part of the impingment syndrome and im currently waiting results from an xray, but if anyone out there who might know anything about that, please let me know! lol

anyway this is a good site, keep up the good work! :)

caroline x

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:15 am

radicalrat wrote:Hey im Caroline and have just joined - 'tis a good site...leanrning quite a bit. Was just gonna ask anyone who might know on here about injuries...

Thanks for dropping by and saying hi Caroline - good to have you on the forum.

If you wouldn't mind re-posting this in its own thread on the viewforum.php?f=2 (just select the "New Topic" button and title it something like "Swimmer's Shoulder - Help!") I'll detail a full response for you so that everyone has the benefit of reading it in its own context as well.

Thanks & speak soon!

Paul

keeperofthepriest

Postby keeperofthepriest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:46 pm

Hello from a novice to intermediate swimmer. I'd just like to say that I think Mr. Smooth is a brilliant tool - it is really beneficial to be able to see the stroke performed perfectly and have the ability to view each phase of the stroke from all different angles and speeds.
Thanks for allowing me to use this.
Rob.

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Not a problem Rob - that is certainly what we were hoping for when we had Mr Smooth on the "design bench"!

Look forward to helping you with your swimming down the line on this forum!

Cheers

Paul

gregorywannabe

Postby gregorywannabe » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:04 am

Hi Paul and Adam

Kudos to you (and the designers) on the new website - really cool.
I'd classify myself as a beginning intermediate swimmer, if that make sense!?

Joined a masters swimming club 2 years ago (after finally giving up Aussie Rules). First time ever swim training, never swum more than
a 50m length at a time and that was back in high school days (turning 48 this year :roll: ). Did a lot of reading on the web from googling. Found sites like swimsmooth,
TI, tritalk, transitions, slowtwitch, USMS, etc. etc. Have TI and Swimsmooth DVDs but best of all I'm in Perth so have had some one-on-one
video sessions with Paul. Enjoy open water swimming and do a few each summer, mainly in the 1600m range, also the Busselton jetty
swim twice now (3.6km) and plan to do a duo to Rottnest with the wife this summer (she's been swimming all her life). Currently swimming
3-4 times per week, 2.5-3k per session. Approx times 50m-34s, 100m-1:18, 400m-6:20, 800m-13:35, 1500m-25:50.
As others have mentioned, Mr Smooth is really great.

Cheers

Greg

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:54 am

Thanks for the note Greg - really glad you like the new site...it took us some time to bring it altogether but we got there in the end!

Cheers

Paul

SolarEnergy

Postby SolarEnergy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Hello, my name is Charles, I am both a Forum and a swimming lover.

In the pool, my two specialties are the butterfly and the free style.
SolarEnergy
Charles G. Couturier, Canadian Swimming / Triathlon Coach

Adam Young

Postby Adam Young » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Hey Charles! We used that classic clip of your floppy-feet here: http://www.swimsmooth.com/kick

Hope you don't mind! Adam

SolarEnergy

Postby SolarEnergy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Oh my, is that true? Thank you so much. My ankles are now famous :P

Working on something these days which will be the new host of our article we were supposed to publish. I still have the raw material, I just need to do an urgent thing or two (such as translating Coggan's document on training with power) then I'll finally wrap this project up.

So good to hear again from you guys, that has just made my day :)
SolarEnergy
Charles G. Couturier, Canadian Swimming / Triathlon Coach

Emfozi

Postby Emfozi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 am

Paul Newsome wrote:Thanks for your post Mo and welcome aboard!

Don't forget to tell your other swimming buddies about the site and Mr Smooth - I'm sure they will enjoy!

What level of swimmer would you say you are (from our site: beginner; intermediate; advanced) and how did you learn about the new Swim Smooth site (just launched today!)

Cheers

Paul

Thank you too Paul.

I found it on Google. Mr. Smooth program caught my attention. I was suprised to an unoccupied forum seeing it is a quality website for swimming guides.

I swim 100m in about 1:30 so I thought I may be intermediate, but I cant do 400m non stop. Plus my bilateral breathing is sketchy after 500m. Im getting alot of useful tips here, hope to improve on not just technique (response the technique hermit post) but swimming as a whole.

Cya!

Graham Williams

Postby Graham Williams » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:51 am

Hi
I'm Graham.
I coach Triathlon and Swimming here in the UK under the http://www.swim-tech.co.uk banner.

Swim-tech was born from my work with Paul a few years ago when I was lucky enough to be able to be an assistant at one of his UK swimSmooth clinics. I hope in the future as in the past this joint work and knowledge share will grow and I can continue to learn from Paul Adam and all the other swim/triathlon coaches that will be part of the SwimSmooth arena.

This new generation of the SwimSmooth web site which includes Mr Smooth is without doubt the best yet - something for other sites to try to follow.

Graham
Made in England - Born from SwimSmooth
www.swim-tech.co.uk
Serving the UK & Kenya

Paul Newsome

Postby Paul Newsome » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Graham, glad you could join us mate! That wasn't you posting those naughty pictures earlier on was it?! :oops:

Looking into a proper SPAM filter for this forum as we speak!

Cheers

Paul

Nic Holmes

Postby Nic Holmes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:55 am

Hi Everyone - My name's Nic I swim with Paul's super swim squad here in Perth! Paul/Adam this is a fantastic site! I really like how you can see the whole body rotation (hips and shoulders) happening on Mr Smooth - this is difficult to see when watching real life swimmers - really helped me to work on this in my stroke in the tough set we had this morning! Thanks guys! Nic

Return to “Talk Swimming!”