Swimathon 2017

Welcome! Ask your questions and chat about swimming, technique, swimming training or Mr Smooth.
Monica63

Swimathon 2017

Postby Monica63 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:46 am

Hi there

Anyone took part in a Swimathon, I've registered my interest in the above to set myself a goal to work towards.

Currently managed to take 5 mins off my swim time/target - 70 lengths of 25m pool in just under an hour, - tough going but did it.

would be interested to hear from anyone who has done or interested in doing swimathon.

Thank you

Mike A

Re: Swimathon 2017

Postby Mike A » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi Monica, I haven't done Swimathon but I have done a few other sponsored swim events (everything from 1500m up to 10km!). They really are great fun, and it's always good to have a target to work towards. You can get major improvements in speed and efficiency from both fitness-focused swimming and from improving your technique (worth getting a few lessons to brush up if you're keen enough!). I bet you can get your time down even more before next year.

Cheers
Mike
Why not join your SwimSmooth Forum friends at swim.palstani.com

Monica63

Re: Swimathon 2017

Postby Monica63 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi Mike
Thanks for replying. I'm hoping to get time down a little before event and would love a few improver lessons as only swim breaststroke - technique improving since goggles purchased. Love swimming and to have a goal /challenge has given me more motivation ☺

Return to “Talk Swimming!”