Transitioning between styles

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
timidpete

Transitioning between styles

Postby timidpete » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Do swimmers transition from one swim type to another or do they remain a certain swim type but with a reduced number of that swim styles traits?

I can see how a Bambino could transition to something else and there is a chance that every over-glider has an inner Smooth trying to get out but I'm not sure that this happens in practice.

Once an Arnie always an Arnie? or once an Arnie now a smooth?

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts

Pete

smootharnie

Re: Transitioning between styles

Postby smootharnie » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:02 pm

According to swimsmooth Arnies are most likely to go to overgliders or smooths and bambinos to kicktatstics or swingers.
You really must have seem a lot af swimmers develop to see some lines here, so its more a coaches question.

I want to be able to swim 2 beat kick swimger style, 6 beat kick smooth and TI style. ;)
Main focus is going from Arnie to smooth though.
At the moment havent yet completely mastered one of them :roll: , so still a long way to go.
2beat kick swingers seem to work best at higher stroke rates ,fairly balanced legs and efficient kickmovement.
With + 3-4 inch ape index getting a sustainable high(er) strokerate only seems possible with a percieved very short stroke.
I like the idea that you are using different muscles for different styles, and that you could switch using some fresh muscles during your swim.
GO to the new swimforum, called ....... THE SWIM FORUM......swim.palstani.com

Annie Swing Smooth

Re: Transitioning between styles

Postby Annie Swing Smooth » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:52 am

Good question!

Check out the swim types progress chart at the bottom of this page: http://www.swimtypes.com/concept.html

It's not set in stone, but certainly there is this pattern seen in the majority of swimmers.
Swim Smooth Coach and Project Leader
Swimming, Triathlon & Open Water Coach

for the latest Swim Smooth gossip follow me @SwimSmoothAnnie and @swimsmooth

Return to “Swim Types!”