What swimtype am I?

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
SEL

What swimtype am I?

Postby SEL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I would very much appreciate feedback on my swimtype an technique. The video below should cover most angles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOTQPSN ... e=youtu.be

I have trouble feeling exhausted very quickly in addition to not being able to swim very fast. I can go reasonably fast for a 25m sprint, but I slow down dramatically after that. Hope any of you can help me with some tips on how to improve.

SEL

Re: What swimtype am I?

Postby SEL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Some extra information:

The questionares on the SS site put me almost equally as an Arnie and a Bambino, allthough slightly more Arnie.

I started learning the crawl technique in february this year after signing up for a Half Ironman in my home town that was held on the 7th of July this year. Prior to the HIM I did about 10 sessions in the pool (4 with the local triathlon club). In these sessions I quickly felt short of breath and struggled to keep up with the other swimmers. Especially the kicking exercises were really hard. It wasn't until I started swimming in open water that I really started to enjoy the swimming. In open water with a wet suit I can swim for longer distances without feeling short of breath. In the sea I can even do it without a wet suit. I used to be a scuba diver so I really love getting in the water, however in the pool I find myself getting tired very quickly.

Anyways I finished the 1900m swim in July in 42 minutes, probably thanks to a few kilometers of open water swimming I did in advance. Would probably have been able to finish quicker if I didn't have to fight with the other swimmers the whole course :lol: I am going to participate in the same event next year, and I want to swim much faster then. I think I could shave off several minutes by improving my technique, but I don't have endless hours to spend in the pool so I have to make each session count :) Getting help from the coach in the triathlon club is not easy as we are usually around 8 swimmers in each lane (!) :o

SolarEnergy

Postby SolarEnergy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Arnie! :D
SolarEnergy
Charles G. Couturier, Canadian Swimming / Triathlon Coach

SEL

Postby SEL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks! :D

Do you have any tips on what to focus on from what you see in the video?

Return to “Swim Types!”