where do I go from here?

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
bast0236

where do I go from here?

Postby bast0236 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:23 am

Hi there
here's a short clip of me during 100's the other day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBQlkq ... e=youtu.be

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me identify my "swim type" and give som advice on what I should do in order to improve my technique. perhaps some drills, mental cues, workouts etc.

Adam Young

Re: where do I go from here?

Postby Adam Young » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:54 am

Hi bast0236,

You're in that development stage where things are starting to look pretty good. It's hard to put you into a category right now but you're heading towards smooth!

A few minor pointers:

- Focusing a bit more on exhalation will help a lot.

- You generally look a little tense when you swim - try and relax if you can - but keep a stretch through the core.

- How would you rate your upper body flexibility? A little stretching on the chest / shoulders / upper back will help make things more fluid.

- Are you training your swim fitness? If not you're definitely ready for some fitness work! A weekly CSS set would be great for you.

- It looks like you lack a little feel for the water - this will come with time but scull #1 and doggy paddle will definitely help. In relation to that, it looks like you might be pulling through under the water a touch too close to your chest. It's hard to see without a front on short but experiment with going a smidgen deeper, a-la: http://www.feelforthewater.com/2012/08/ ... becky.html

Overall you're definitely on the right track and by following a regular swimming routine with training and technique focus you'll improve a long way yet!

Hope that helps,

Adam

Return to “Swim Types!”