Swinger?

Ask questions about Swim Types and chat to other swimmers of the same type!
annahoupt

Swinger?

Postby annahoupt » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:35 pm

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me identify my swim type. Everything points to a swinger, except that I’m very slow. I am a petite 61 year old woman with asthma. I have been training for triathlon consistently for 9 years. I was a whitewater kayaker for 30 years. I have done my fair share of “swimming” in large turbulent rapids. I did synchronized swimming in college. The swim type questionnaire puts me in Bambino because of my slow swim time. Nothing whatsoever about a swimming pool frightens me. In fact, I often swim alone at a local lake. Experienced coaches who see me swim say my stroke is very good. I was working with a private coach (he’s a smooth) who wanted me to: 1) not bring my arm around to the side on the recovery, 2) lengthen out my stroke, and 3) avoid crossing over. I found a calculation for age adjusted swim times. Applying that calculation to my swim time in the questionnaire puts me solidly in the swinger category. What do you think? Swinger or something else, or need more information?

smootharnie

Re: Swinger?

Postby smootharnie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:00 pm

swinger
GO to the new swimforum, called ....... THE SWIM FORUM......swim.palstani.com

Return to “Swim Types!”